Click the title to read. This is going to be ever changing, as I’m gonna change the links with each new draft of each new play.
The Shovel- My first play and a story that is still very close to my heart, The Shovel is about George, a black man living in 1930’s Philadelphia who lost his sister to tuberculosis. In order for him to accept her death, let her go, and move on, he needs one thing. A shovel.
External Memory-Inspired by Marcel Proust and Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, External Memory is about Sean, an aerophobic painter and Addy, whom Sean can’t seem to figure out if he just met or has known all his life.
God Is Wearing Black-My first completed full length play, God is Wearing Black tells the story of twins Matt and Luke who, after the untimely death of their father in Iraq, seperate and follow two very different paths in life. Matt, who is gay, joins the military, while Luke joins a local religious cult, inspired by the Westboro Baptist Church. The twin’s conflicting decisions and Ideologies threaten to tear their family apart.
Strangers- My first Screenplay. Marie Boxton thought that when she met Johnathan Birch, she had finally learned how to love. But then, not long after their wedding, John dies, leaving Marie all alone with his teenage daughter Stephanie.The two are left shocked in the wake of his death. Stephanie blames Marie, and Marie is just left unsure what to do with her life from this point. But something far worse lies just around the corner. When they move into Marie’s childhood home, as per the original plan, Marie is attacked one night, by a mysterious black figure known only as The Boxton Shadow. When the Shadow begins finding it’s way into family photograph after family photograph, Marie begins to suspect that the shadow had something to do with John’s death. What if it comes after her or Stephanie next? When she begins searching to try and figure out what this monster is, she finds the wrong kinds of answers. Answers to questions she didn’t want to remember.
Ethereal-An Exploration of the Mind, Memory, and Family of a Ariel, a fairy obsessed girl, who’s failed suicide attempt suddenly makes the people in her life aware of, not just her depression, but their own as well.
Slenderitis-Written for my Introduction to Playwriting class, Slenderitis is a rip on the latest internet phenomenon “Slenderman.” Mike is an internet nerd, who is dead set on finding the mythical Slenderman… if he can at least survive a simple walk through the woods first.
The Neat Freak Cycle- A series of plays inspired my experiences in the paranormal.
- Balloons- This monologue which serves as an introduction to the Neat Freak Cycle spotlights the pregnant lady mentioned by Karina in Dust Bunnies as she recounts the harrowing tale of how she went from the discovery of her pregnancy to her tragic death, and the discoveries about life she learned along the way.
- Dust Bunnies- Chris thinks his house is haunted. He’s heard knocking, voices, chairs sliding across the floor. He’s also been seeing shadows, lights, doors moving. But most importantly he’s been seeing a dead girl he was very close to in life, as well as a bloody man who enjoys shooting himself in the head. His mom would rather believe he’s crazy, but Chris is determined to prove he isn’t. And all the spirits want to do is move on. Or so they think. Taking place over the span of 3 days and 4 nights, Dust Bunnies is a play about 4 souls battling for power. And truth.
- Yellow Dress- After the most wild night of his life, Cody returns home to find the strangest little girl in his bedroom. She talks in circles and displays a personality far too corrupt for a normal child. Then he find himself in a far stranger predicament when he is turned into that very same child. As lines between dreams and reality become blurred and a heinous crime is discovered, Cody finds himself questioning his own innocence, in more than one meaning of the word.
- The Serenity of A Wilted Rose- At what point does focusing on the future make us blind to the present? At what point does it make us forget our past? One night, Rose dreams of a tragedy destroying her family. A man then appears to her and offers her a chance to prevent it from happening, with the price of such a chance being a piece of her soul. When the vision turns out to be true, she decides to make the pact. The man then begins to return to her again and again, offering vision after vision, each time more tempting the last. Rose soon finds herself addicted to the visions, addicted to the man that provides them. She soon realizes that she must solve the mystery of who he really is, or else she may soon become a withered version of who she once was.
- Lay Out All The Pieces- Harry and Damian are brothers who have survived abuse together. Their father used to do unspeakable things to them. But he’s dead now. Or so they thought. The brothers find themselves waking up in the middle of the night to find themselves face to face with a creature that looks just like their father, but isn’t. The creature stalks them as they try to move on with their lives, and influences them to continue the vicious cycle that their father started them. Will they be able to move on and make better life for themselves? Or will they end up destroying each other in the end.